Flight cancellation – when the plane does not take off
The flight you booked never left the airport? In this case, you can request either a refund for the ticket price or an alternative flight from the airline.
If the airline did not inform you about the cancellation at least 14 days before the planned departure, you may also be entitled to compensation. Depending on your flight route, the compensation may lie between € 250 and € 600 according to the EU regulation.
This is usually the case if you were informed…
- less than 7 days before departure, and:
– if your replacement flight took off more than 1h earlier or
– arrived more than 2h later than the originally booked flight.
- 7 to 14 days before departure, and:
– if your replacement flight took off more than 2 hours earlier or
– arrived more than 4 hours later than the flight you originally booked.
- less than 14 days before departure, and:
– if you were not offered a replacement flight.
We are happy to take care of your claims. To enforce them we have to ask for a small fee.
Our handling fee is 20%-30% plus VAT. We will only charge this fee once we transfer your compensation to your bank account.